Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Scope of Engagement:
- Fire at the hydrogen production cell at a large polypropylene plant resulted in a loss of downstream profits from finished products;
- Measurement of business interruption loss from polypropylene production.
- In excess of US$3,000,000
Unique Aspects of Engagement:
- Identified higher-than-expected gross profit due to strong demand and increased prices leading to under insurance;
- Worked closely with the insured’s linear planning engineers and internal accountants to quantify lost polypropylene production.